We are excited that you have chosen Ped Emerge for your child's medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. To help you get acquainted with our office and first visit procedures, we have included helpful information on this page.
Benefits of PED EMERGE
- Convenient daytime, evening, and weekend hours for the busy parents (until 9 PM on weekdays and 7 PM on weekends!).
- Providers who are experienced in treating children
- Avoid long waits. We will see your child on average in under 30 minutes.
- Minimize your child's exposure to frightening trauma scenes. Your child will be in a child-friendly setting with other children. Toys and children's videos are here to ease your child's stress. At the ER/Urgent Care, your child will be amongst ill adults and exposed to trauma scenes and adult situations that may frighten them.
- Avoid high hospital related costs
PEDEMERGE is not a substitute for the ER. However, most children's illnesses and injuries do not require such extensive facilities.
PED EMERGE is not an emergency room or an urgent care facility. It is part of Ivy Pediatrics. Only your PCP copay applies. If you have an HMO/EPO or Medicaid, we need to be selected as the PCP otherwise we can't bill your insurance and you will be considered self-pay.
Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our staff and our patients by consistently providing our patients with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
For your convenience and to reduce the amount of time you spend completing the paperwork during your visit, please click on the below to download and print the forms. Don't forget to bring your insurance!
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
What to expect
A pleasant, comfortable first visit builds trust and helps put the child at ease during future visits. We want your child to enjoy getting to know our doctors and staff, so we work hard to establish this bond during every appointment to our office. During your initial appointment, we will explain everything in detail and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and providing the quality, comprehensive medical care you expect and deserve.
We accept most types of health insurance. Please see under Insurance info.
Do I need an Appointment?
You do not need an appointment to be seen. We are a walk-in clinic. However, appointments are encouraged and will ensure the most expedited service.
School/Sports Physicals and Immunizations
We perform last minute school/sports physicals. If you have insurance and the last physical was done less than 365 days ago, the insurance will not cover it. You will be required to pay for it out of pocket. It includes a hearing/vision test. We give the entire range of pediatric vaccines available including the flu vaccine.
After assessment and treatment, if it is determined that your child requires more intensive treatments or hospitalization, we will transfer your child to either Centrastate, RWJ, or St. Peters via EMS.